Sunday, February 3, 2008

Football Board and Card Games

Thinking about the Super Bowl today, I'm developing a concept for an 8x8 football-based game. To help me think about that game some more, and to check if the idea hasn't already been developed, I did a little online research to see what's out there -- much as students will be required to do when they design their final projects. Here were some of the more interesting ones I came across (though I hardly started on the search at BoardGameGeek):
The Paper Football Association
Who knew that the game you played as a kid had official rules and tournaments?

NFL FIKI Football Board Game
The thing that comes closest to my concept.

Football Board Game Patent
Not enough here to judge, but interesting concept.

Pro Draft
I like BoardGameGeek for info on old games.

Interview with the Designers of Card Football
Poker meets football in this game of strategy and chance.

Pizza Box Football - Board Game - Interview
You have to give them credit for the great box concept. The game sounds less than appetizing to me.

Big Sunday Football
Catch the video (a good marketing idea). A board game that tries to cover every rule, including penalties (which, if you ask me, is the most boring part of the game).

Electric Football
They still make this stupid game? Even when I had one as a kid, I thought it was a scam.

Football Guys
Not exactly a game, but hmmmm -- those would make interesting play pieces.

Radical Play TV Football
Football causes fewer injuries on TV than in real life.

No comments:

Game Design (01:355:375:01)